WhatsApp, a widely used messaging app, recently launched a dedicated app for small and medium business owners, WhatsApp Business. Another app for large businesses is under beta test.
The app has over 2 billion users making it one of the top messaging app. Group chats for businesses were already popular before the business version of the app was launched. According to reports, the app is used to send over 75000 messages per second across the globe. Now that you know how popular the app is, let’s discuss the WhatsApp Business pros and cons.
WhatsApp Business App Advantages:
Let’s discuss the various advantages the app has to offer:
- Easy Usage: The app is extremely easy to get started with. You just need a smartphone, internet connection, and you are good to go. It is free of charge for now, so you can give it a try. The application is supported in the majority of the devices (Android/iOS/Windows).
- Messaging:You can send unlimited messages. The files could be audio files, video files, text messages, documents, etc. It also allows you to make voice and video calls for free.
- Automation:The app supports automation features for quick replies, greeting messages, and away messages. You can customize the content of the text message and assign a shortcode for it.
Engagement: It is highly engaging for customers. You can respond to the messages within seconds, making it easier to close deals. You can also update your status and use it as a free marketing tool for your products and services. WhatsApp Business App Disadvantages:
Although the app is widely popular, it has some flaws. We would want you to consider those as well before deciding if it is a good fit for your business.
- Limited Accessibility: Account can only be used by one user on one device. Also, it needs an active internet connection to be able to receive or send messages. It makes it difficult as you may miss out on important conversations due to a lack of cellular services sometimes. Additionally, the app is not supported in few countries. If you travel to such countries, you would not be able to access the user account.
- Sending Limits:You can broadcast your message to 256 contacts only. The video files above 16 MB are not supported, and neither are documents over 100 MB in size.
- Security: There has been a lot of speculations lately regarding data privacy. WhatsApp will have access to store the phonebook information of the users. There might be confidential information stored in the address book, making it a huge concern for users. The team is working on it, and the issue would be resolved in the coming updates.
We hope it has painted a clear picture of the advantages and disadvantages of the app. As per reports, businesses have seen a positive curve in their sales after using it. It doesn’t involve any investment, so we would suggest you give it a try. Do share your experiences if you have used it for your business needs.